Published: Tue, November 06, 2018
Culture&Arts | By Rick Owen

Rapper Mac Miller's cause of death revealed

Rapper Mac Miller's cause of death revealed

Mac Miller died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl and cocaine.

The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner - Coroner confirmed the star's cause of death on Monday.

Being ruled as an accidental overdose, a combination of fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol was what killed the 26-year-old, real name Malcolm James McCormick.

He was found in his bedroom in the San Fernando Valley around 12 PM.

According to the report (via TMZ), Mac's assistant found him unresponsive on his bed in a "praying position", kneeling forward with his face resting on his knees. The rapper's death on September 7 was determined to have been an accidental overdose. Officials pronounced him dead at the scene. The assistant described him as already being "blue" during the 911 call.

Records co-chairman and COO, said after Miller's death.

Meanwhile, an empty bottle of alcohol was near his body on a nightstand, with a bottle of prescription pills in the bathroom.

Police also discovered a $20 bill with white powdery residue on it inside Miller's pocket, TMZ reported.

Mac struggled with substance abuse over the past few years and that is what reportedly led to Ariana Grande ending her relationship with the rapper earlier this year. Participating acts included Chance the Rapper, John Mayer and SZA.

The singer Prince had taken fentanyl before his death in 2016.

Just before his death, Miller had announced a joint tour with Thundercat, to start in October.

Like this: