Published: Wed, January 23, 2019
Culture&Arts | By Rick Owen

Ant McPartlin set to return to work on Friday

Ant McPartlin set to return to work on Friday

Ant McPartlin will return to Britain's Got Talent on Friday as auditions get underway, the first time he has appeared on the show since he was convicted of drink-driving a year ago.

The picture seemed to have been taken in a vehicle en route to the London Palladium, where the pair are hosting auditions for Britain's Got Talent.

Pointing at Dec, also 43, he said: "As for you, I missed you".

The 59-year-old said: "Even though Dec was brilliant, it still wasn't the same".

Last year, his longtime on-screen partner Declan Donnelly hosted the live Britain's Got Talent shows solo. "So on behalf of all of us, welcome back".

While Ant tried not to choke up, Simon Cowell welcomed the star back to the series.

The Geordie duo posted a selfie taken together in the auto on the way to the ITV show's auditions, writing on Instagram: "Audition day 1".

The popular presenter, who is one-half of iconic duo Ant & Dec, took a step back from all his work commitments following his arrest for a drink-driving incident in 2018.

'Britain's Got Talent' returns to ITV in the spring. "The boys are back in town!"

Earlier in the day, McPartlin and Donnelly had arrived together at the back entrance of the London venue in a black SUV, both waving and smiling at fans as they got out of the vehicle.

Later that year, Ant entered rehab following struggles with a two-year addiction to strong painkillers as a result of a knee operation.

He was driving while more than twice the legal drink-drive limit.

Holly Willoughby stepped in to replace him on I'm a Celebrity, and the reality shows proved to be a massive ratings success despite it being the first time in its 16 years history McPartlin was absent.

Like this: