Published: Fri, March 08, 2019
Money | By Bruce West

Indian-origin dentist Preeti Reddy murdered in Australia; body found in suitcase

Indian-origin dentist Preeti Reddy murdered in Australia; body found in suitcase

According to media reports, police found the dentist's body in a suitcase in her auto.

The Glenbrook dental surgery where Dr Reddy worked was closed on Wednesday with a sign on the door that said: "Due to tragedy concerning our beloved colleague, the surgery will be closed for the time being".

In a shocking twist, Narde died on Monday night - a day after Dr Reddy was reported missing - in a head on collision with a truck near Tamworth in what police believe was a deliberate act.

The original reporting in this article stated that the man who died in the Tamworth crash was Preethi Reddy's boyfriend.

Preethi Reddy, a 32-year-old Indian-origin dentist went missing couple of days ago in Sydney, Australia.

Investigators are appealing for more information about Dr Reddy and her whereabouts before her death, including any sightings, her mood and what she was wearing.

Reddy told her family members she would have a late breakfast in the central business district before returning home.

Detective Superintendent Gavin Dengate today confirmed the pair were not in a relationship at the time but had been previously. During a search of the vehicle, the police located Preethi's body in a suitcase.

She left a dental conference about 7pm and was seen in her auto an hour later at the Hotel Urban in St Leonards, her sister said.

She had last spoken to her family on Sunday morning after staying the night in the Sydney CBD with her ex-boyfriend after the convention.

The head-on collision, around 340 kilometres from where Reddy's body was found, is believed to have been deliberate, they said.

Surveillance video showed her leaving a McDonald's in Sydney, apparently alone, around 2:15 a.m., 7 News Australia reported.

According to Mr Vagadia, Dr Reddy used to frequently talk about Narde and his skills as a dentist, while she was working. She was last seen at a line in McDonalds in the wee hours, where she bought a water bottle.

"I told them I might notice the vehicle before".

"At this stage we know they met up in Sydney and now we're looking at all the movements between these two", the officer said.

Numerous patients of Reddy posted messages of condolences for her family on the surgery's Facebook page.

"I spoke to her last Thursday and it was "see you next week" and completely normal".

Meanwhile, Reddy's sister described her sibling as a "bright light", according to the Sydney Morning Herald.

Like this: